Despite the nice rain us in California experienced last weekend, the drought is still a very really problem. Water is a very necessary resource and with the lack of any real significant rain fall over the last few years it is very important to use the water we do have wisely. Here are a few tips to help you save some precious h2o.
- Read up on any water restrictions that your city may have implemented. In our town you can only water your lawn 3 days a week and your days are determined by your street number.
- Limit showers to under 5 minutes. Set a timer of put on some music and give yourself a 1 and 1/2 song limit.
- If we do get rain put out plastic containers or buckets to collect some rain water. Use this to water indoor plants.
- Fix any leaky faucets or sprinklers. Even a small leak adds up to a lot of wasted water.
- Let the car get dirty. Skip a car wash.
Droughts are something that Californians are use to. We have been through many in the past and will probably go through more in the future. It is important to learn how to conserve water during these dry spells.