It's time to fire up the grill and that's quite possibly my favorite kind of dinner for warm summer nights. Eating outside, enjoying the breezy weather, delightful BBQ smells and a cool cocktail -- what isn't there to love, right?
The best grilling includes delicious summer burgers. How ever you enjoy a burger, they're must-haves for the summer. Try these options during your next burger BBQ:
1. Western Burgers: top your standard burger with grilled onions (straight from the grill), cheddar cheese, thick sliced bacon and BBQ sauce.
2. Cali Burgers: top your burger with sliced avocado or guacamole, provolone cheese, sprouts, plus grilled yellow, red and green bell peppers for a touch of color.
3. Firecracker Burgers: top your burger with fresh pico de gallo (add mango for a zing of sweetness), pepperjack cheese, and for even an extra kick sliced serrano chili peppers (optional). Cilantro dressing is a great spread for this burger.
4. Pesto Chicken Burgers: if you're not feeling a red meat burger, grill up a moist chicken breast then top it with jack cheese, tomato, fresh basil and red onions. Don't forget pesto spread on your toasty bun.
5. Veggie Burgers: once you've grilled up your favorite veggie meatless burger top it with lettuce, tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, pickles, and onion then sprinkle on your favorite fresh cheese (e.g. feta) for a little something extra.
Finally, check out this great burger pattie recipe: toss lean ground beef or turkey with one raw egg, Italian bread crumbs, diced onions, two tablespoons of deli mustard, salt, pepper, minced garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Shape into patties and grill!
Share your recipes too!