Believe it or not Fall starts on Monday. Those of us in Southern California are rolling on the floor laughing about that fact. It's hard to even imagine crisp leaves, sweaters and boots when we are sweating through triple digit weather. Even though the weather may not feel like Fall, it is just around the corner and it's never too early to start planning some fun Fall activities.
Here are some of our favorites...
- Head to a football game: Dress up in your team colors, you can even go as far as cool face painting and head to a professional game and even tailgate before the game. You can also keep it simple and head to a local high school game. Rooting for the home team on a cool crisp night it just as fun as you remember it in high school.
- Oktoberfest: Many local cities (even the little ones!) hold their own Oktoberfest. This festival that originates in Germany celebrates with beer and sausage. Beer and sausage! I don't think I need to say anymore.
- Apple Picking: Now that the summer fruits and veggies are done, it's time for fall produce like apples and carrots. Now carrots are hard to pick but apple orchards are a lot of fun. You can pick your own apples to take home and most places have cute gift shops and lots of baked apple goodies. Oak Glen, CA. is a great place for apple adventures.
- Fall Scavenger Hunt: This is a fun way to spend a fall afternoon. Put together a list of things you only find in the fall. Your list can include dried leaves, pine cones, acorns, or even a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
- Outdoor Bonfire: A good old-fashion bonfire is one of my favorite things to do on a fall night. A warm blanket, and of course some s'mores. You can even roast hot dogs to make a whole evening out of it.
- Pumpkin Patch: This can be a family adventure or you can make it a romantic night for two. Hay rides, corn mazes and picking the perfect pumpkin are always a great way to get into the spirit of the season.
- Master a New Soup Recipe: If and when the weather cools down, a really great hearty soup is a great dinner idea. Get the slow cooker out and find a new recipe to try. It could become a family favorite and it will leave your house smelling delicious all day long!
- Wine Tasting: Grapes are also in season during the fall so it makes it a great time to visit a winery. Of course what is the point in going to a winery if you are not going to do a little wine tasting.