I am the kind of person who falls asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.
1. Keep a Schedule: Try to go to bed and get up at the same time everyday. Even weekends. By keeping a schedule your can make sure that your body gets the right amount of rest it needs.
2. Keep It Cool: the optimal room temperature for sleeping is 60-67 degrees Fahrenheit. That is pretty cool, but it is a perfect temp to snuggle in a comforter.
3. Light and Your Circadian Rhythm: circadian rhythm is a fancy way of saying body clock. Your body is trained to know that dark means sleep time and light means wakey-wakey time. A way to make sure your clock stays working properly avoid brightly lit devices for about an hour before bed. Yes this means cell phones and tablets. Another way is to expose yourself to bright light first thing in the morning.
4. Sleep & Sex Zone Only: I am talking about your bed! As tempting as it is to work, watch television and fold laundry in bed it's not a good idea. Keep your bed springs only for the hibbity-bibbity and sleep.
5. Get Out of Bed: yes, you read that right! When you cannot get to sleep laying there and stressing about it can make it worse. Get up and find a dimly lit activity to do. Then do it until it makes you tired and head back to bed.
What are some of your go-to sleep remedies?