My husband's family is from New Mexico. They love sopapillas and more importantly they love green chili. My favorite green chili dish is chili relleno, but I have never been able to really master the frying, and the stuffing and dipping. Plus frying is so much work. So I was really excited when my husband found this great, EASY and yummy chili relleno casserole recipe.
- large can of whole green chili
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Yes that's really it!
- spray a casserole dish with oil to avoid sticking
- Drain the chilies and split them open and add a layer to your dish
- Top with cheese
- Continue adding chili and cheese layers
- In a bowl mix the eggs with heavy cream and whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over chili and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until egg mixture firms up