I have kept a journal since I was in about 4th grade. Back them my entries were all about friend drama and cute boys. My journals have been cute pink books with key locks, to spiral notebooks and to the current super cute Pendleton notebook I carry with me.
There are many benefits to keeping a journal. Here are just a few...
- Your journal can be a safe, judgement free place to vent your frustrations. A place to say all those things you are too afraid to say out loud.
- Writing a journal can help you reduce your stress levels.
- By writing about your day and thoughts you can help stay focused in your goals.
- Journals are a perfect place to keep track of your goals, whether it be personal or career.
- Keep track of your bucket list. A journal is a great way to keep track of all those "once in a lifetime" events.
- We juggle so many personas during the day, journaling is a great way to stay in touch with the real you.
- Of course a journal is a great way to go back and relive and remember good times in your life. One of my favorite things to re-read is the time in my life when my husband and I were falling in love.
- A journal is a way to preserve your history. You never know when you will become rich and famous and the world will want to know about your life.
- Writing everyday is a great way to help develop your writing skills.
- Taking the time during the day to reflect is a great way to see the good in everyday.
- If you ever find yourself in a legal mess you can use your journal to remember dates and times.
- Write down your dreams, no matter how big they are!
Do you keep a journal?
How long have you been journaling?