Here are a few of the things we do in our house when the kids get sick.
- Vaporizer- I love this little machine. Just add water, salt and some mentholated vapor stream and you can relieve a night of coughing.
- Cough Drops / Strips- When the girls are coughing I keep a handful of cough drops with me for my oldest. Our favorite is the Ricola in cherry honey. I also keep Triaminic Thin Strips on hand for the little one. These are a great way to help suppress a cough for a little one who is too young for cough drops. These strips just dissolve on the tongue.
- Vicks VapoRub- I go old school with this stuff. When I was a little girl my Mom would rub this on my chest to help me breath. Last night as I rubbed it onto my little one she took a deep breath in and said "That's better Mom".
- Soup- I don't think I have ever made home-made soup, but when the girls are sick it usually means a trip to our local Vietnamese restaurant for some Pho. A nice warm broth, with some chicken and rice noodles really hits the spot and is sometime the best way to get some nutrients and fluids.
- Sleep- getting my kids to nap is hard even when they are sick, but early bedtimes are the standard when there is a bug in our house.
We want to hear from you!
What are some of your cold remedies?