I've heard everything under the sun when it comes to predicting a baby's gender. In fact, I planned my second child's conception based on when the chinese birth chart predicted we'd have a girl. Sure, it's a 50/50 toss up, but I wanted a daughter, so I planned to conceive on what were considered "female-producing months."
According to About.com: "The ancient Chinese Birth Gender Chart is based on your age and the month of conception and supposedly predicts the sex of your baby. You can simply look up your data on the chart and see if you are having a girl or boy." Now again, who knows how accurate this chart is, but if you want to plan like this HerMama did beforehand or just can't wait until the ultrasound confirms your child's gender, try one of these fun ways known to predict a baby's gender...
1. Dangling a Ring: Whip off that wedding ring, hang it from a string then dangle it in front of your pregnant belly. If it swings in a circular motion that indicates GIRL, a back-and-forth motion indicates you're having a BOY.
2. Drano Test: Pee in a cup, add a teaspoon of Drano and the belief is if it turns green you're having a GIRL. If it's blue then you're having a BOY.
3. Zits: Breaking out much? This supposedly means you're having a GIRL. The belief is that a baby girl wreaks havoc on a momma's hormones, leaving mom to resemble a young teenage girl with a face full of acne!
4. Heartbeat: According to web MD, "If your baby's heart rate averages in the 110 to low 130s range, the thought is that it's more likely a BOY, and if it's in the mid 140s to 160 range, it's more likely a GIRL."
5. You're Craving What?!: Craving something sweet all the time is said to mean you're having a little GIRL. If you are craving salty or sour over sweet then you're having a BOY!
Did you use any of the above methods to predict your baby's sex?
Is there a gender predictor you stand by or wives-tale you've proven true?
Share yours and comment below.