We started by telling her why we chose her baptism godparents. For us it was much more than just a simple decision. We let her know that we wanted people who were...
- Catholic (this of course was a church requirement)
- people who we knew would love her as much as we did.
- people who would be invested in her faith formation as well as her education.
- People who were kind, lovable and easy to talk to so that if she needed to come to them she could.
- People who were fun and exciting and have a lot to teach her.
We left her with these ideas for a few months and it was time for her to make her decision. She had 2 women in mind and was very torn between the 2. She picked 2 women who my husband and I felt met all our requirements and more. She choose 2 people who adore her and want only the best for her. So we went to our church and asked if she could have 2 women by her side when she made her 1st Holy Communion. Our church thought it was a great idea.
How did you choose your children's godparents?
Are you a godparent? Tell us about your experience.