I love television; it is my ultimate guilty pleasure. Of course Fall is my favorite TV time of the year because there is a whole lot of new shows to check out. This year there is a whole bunch of new shows across the networks. Here are a few I am looking forward to...
- The Crazy Ones (CBS)- Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar are back on TV. This show is a comedy about a father/daughter who work together at an ad agency.
- Super Fun Night (ABC)- After her breakout performance in Bridesmaids and her unforgettable character in Pitch Perfect, Rebel Wilson in coming to TV. Rebel plays Kimmie, an attorney who has a standing "Friday Night Fun Night" with her girlfriends.
- Mom (CBS)- Anna Faris (of Scary Movie fame) stars in this new comedy. As a recovering alcoholic and a single Mom, Anna's character Christy decides to move in with her Mom to start her life over.
- Dads (Fox)- From the creator of Family Guy; this show is about 2 guys in their 30's who work as video game executives. Both of their Dads move in with them.
- Welcome to the Family (NBC)- I caught the first episode of this show and because it involved a Latino family I was skeptical. The show is about 2 recent high school graduates, a college bound Latino son and a slacker white girl who are in love, pregnant and getting married. Now these 2 families are forced to get along.
- The Goldbergs- The 80's are backs! Follow along with The Goldbergs as they live life to the max. The billboards of this hilarious family portrait was enough to get me interested in the show.
- Sean Saves The World- I loved Sean Hayes as (Just) Jack in Will and Grace so I was excited to hear he was starring in his own sitcom. In this show Sean plays Sean, a single gay Dad who is thrown into parenthood when his 14 year old daughter moves in. As he balances parenthood and his career he gets some help from his Mom played by Linda Lavin.
Along with these new shows there are a lot of returning shows I am anxious to start up again:
- How I Met Your Mother
- Big Bang Theory
- The League
- 2 Broke Girls
- Modern Family
What shows are your current favorites?
What new shows are you looking forward to checking out?