Here are a few tips...
- Ever heard of the phrase, "if it's too good to be true..."? Keep this in mind when writing your profile. Don't come off as too perfect. No one is and no one will believe you.
- Keep things simple. Give a brief description and try not to go into too much detail. If you talk about everything on your profile, what's left to talk about on a date. The key is to draw them in and make them want to know more about you.
- We all have a list of things we want in a potential partner, but be cautious about asking for too much. Don't ask for the ring, the house and the kids.
- Skip the cliches. "looking for my soulmate" or "work hard and play hard" just come off cheesy and there is a good chance every other profile has these exact phrases in them.
- Stay positive about yourself. Don't give a long list of all the things your don't like about yourself. This also goes with listing what you want in a partner. List what you do want, not what you don't want.
- When it comes to photos make sure that they are good quality pictures. The pictures should focus on you. Don't use a photo with your ex copped out no matter how good you look in it. Change your profile pic periodically and rotate all your photos often.
- Some sites allow you to pick your own screen name. This will say so much about you so make sure it say what you want people to think of you. Don't call yourself "Playa123", it will just give the wrong impression. You should also change your screen name once in a while.
- Make your last line a strong one. This is what a potential date is going to be left with and remember.
- Spell check! This is so important. A friend sent me a profile once where a girl who spelled "high-heals" a few time in her profile. It left a bad impression.
- Ask a friend to review your profile for you! They can give you a fresh perspective and give you some pointers.
Do you have a great online dating story or tips?
Share with us in the comments!