Today we are sharing some of the things we are currently obsessed with!
1. Boys & Girls by Alabama Shakes: We are legitimately obsessed with this album. Like our husbands are looking into getting us professional help. This rock band from Alabama is led by the amazing lead singer Brittany Howard. Her voice is a bluesy, emotional mix of Janis Joplin and a little Amy Winehouse. You can feel every word of her songs. We cannot get enough. You can check them out on their website.
2. Tea & Honey: I recently got over a cold and while I was sick I busted out the loose tea and local honey. I forgot how good tea with honey is. It has become a nightly ritual of loose Lamill black lavendar tea with a spoonful of local Santa Barbara honey.
3. Totally Married Podcast: I listen to podcasts at work all day long. This podcast is released on Mondays and Wednesdays and is hosted by married couple Elizabeth and Andy. Each hour long podcast cover different topics and listeners questions about marriage and relationships. Andy and Elizabeth are very real and open and funny. You can listen here.
4. Starbucks Latte: Of course, we'd be obsessed with coffee! I mean, it's addicting. I'm obsessed with Starbucks routinely, but my flavor selection changes like the seasons. Fall/Winter means pumpkin spice lattes, but for today hand me a "skinny anything". Skinny hazelnut, caramel or vanilla lattes literally kick-start my day. I have one pretty much daily (sometimes twice a day). I know I should be ashamed about that level of caffeine intake, but I'm not!
5. Cardigans: My closet has exploded with cardigans. Blame the California chill or maybe my recent Target shopping spree, but I have never owned so many cardigan sweaters. It's a beautiful rainbow of sweaters in my wardrobe... blue, purple, grey, black and watch out summer - I'm thinking pink, green and yellow are NEXT!
6. Scandal: I don't watch much television and what I do has to stream at my convenience so that the kids and husband are fast asleep while I indulge. Scandal is my show of choice these days. I think it's the fact that the lead is such a strong (impeccably dressed) woman in Washington who makes it her business to be one step ahead of scandals. Maybe she's not having the best time when it comes to love, but she sure as heck keeps me rooting for her. So I tune in weekly for the drama, wardrobe tips and more!
What are your current obsessions? Come on, we know you gottem' too!
Share yours and comment below.