I needed a plan. First I needed some ideas for after school snacks. I asked around and searched the internet and made up a list of some healthy after school snacks. Remember to use low or non-fat, whole wheat and sugar-free ingredients when you can!
- Zucchini Muffins I love that these are packed with veggies! One big muffin and a glass of milk!
- Graham Crackers topped with fruit yogurt and banana slice.
- Whole grain waffle with peanut butter sliced banana and drizzled with honey. (minus the peanut butter for my kid!)
- Air-popped popcorn sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
- Edamame sprinkled with sea salt
- Avocado and cheese quesadilla
- Grilled cheese with apple slices
- Fruit Smoothie
- Crackerwiches: Saltine cracker topped with peanut butter and honey, a second saltine cracker topped with jelly and put together like a sandwich. (I loved these as a kid!!!)
- String Cheese with Apple slices
- Cottage Cheese with mandarin oranges
We want to hear from you!
Share with us your favorite childhood after school snack.