|What do you do with the leftovers?|
Hope everyone enjoyed the feast of all feasts last night! Whether you celebrate this holiday or not, chances are you've been here: you're done slaving over the kitchen preparing a HUGE meal and find yourself with plenty of leftovers when dinner is all said and done. There's a yummy after thought when it comes to every dish. Here are some ideas to kick start your creative cooking juices:
- Turkey pot pie
- Turkey noodle soup
- Turkey Enchiladas (yup, you read right)! Turkey enchiladas are delicious! Simply choose your favorite chicken enchilada recipe (red or green) and add the turkey instead of chicken. I like shredding the turkey then grilling it with a little bit of olive oil, oregano and diced onion.
- Loaded Omelettes
- Fried Rice with Diced Ham
- Ham & Cheese Panini a.k.a adult grilled cheese (try it loaded with yummy extras like tomato, fresh basil or pesto).
Leftover mashed potatoes?
- Potato Pancakes
- Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon and Chives
- Shepard's Pie (my absolute fav.) layer a casserole with ground beef, your favorite spices and veggies, plus a layer of mashed potatoes and cheese. It's simply delish!