The Advent Calendar originally began in Germany as a way to countdown to December 24th. This was exactly what I needed. You can find the cardboard kind with a chocolate behind to door at most craft stores. I know my kids don't need anymore candy, and they would not do well with having to share one piece of candy so I do something a little bit different.
You can find many good templates by searching "free printable advent calendar." Now you can get creative. It is what is behind the "doors" that you can really personalize.
Here are a few ideas...
- put a family photo behind each door
- leave a love note for your children
- leave a fun Christmas fact behind the door
- add a positive quote for the day
- add a daily holiday activity (this is what I'm doing this year!)
So tell us.
How do you countdown for the holidays?