Back in the day a woman was always surprised in the delivery room when the doctor announced.
"It's a Boy!"
"It's a Girl!"
Here are a few old wives tales that was suppose to determine if it was sugar and spice or puppies and snails....
- Carrying low you are having a boy. Carrying high you are having a girl.
- Fetal heart rate above 140 is a girl and below is a boy.
- If your husband gains weight, it's a girl. If he doesn't, it's a boy.
- Craving sweets? It's a girl Craving savory and sour? It's a boy.
- Pregnancy acne? It's a girl Clear skin? It's a boy.
- Hang your wedding ring from a sting over your belly. If it moves in circles it's a boy. Side to side, it's a girl.
Today an average pregnant woman has a few ultrasounds done by her doctor. They can also make appointments with places with names like "Baby's First Photos". A place where women can have ultrasounds done in 4-D, invite friends and family to watch, find out the gender and leave with a DVD of the entire thing complete with Celine Dion background music.
When I was pregnant with my oldest I really wanted to find out. My baby had other plans. Every ultra-sound we had my baby was very modest and keep the goods hidden with crossed legs. I even went to an ultra-sound tech school and let me practice on me. Even they couldn't tell. So even though most doctors were 60% sure she was a girl, it was still a surprise. For my second baby I also wanted to know. It just made room decor, baby gift registering, and name choosing so much easier! At my 19 week ultrasound they were able to tell, without a doubt that we were having another girl.
So now that we have the option to find out what did you choose? Did you have to know if you were having a boy or a girl? Or did you want to be surprised?
Don't forget to like us on Facebook
Head over HERE to enter to win 2 free tickets to Legoland!